Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mother's Day with Mom

My brother Jason with his wife Libby and my sweet niece Addison
Mimi (my Mom) and my niece Addison
Dale and my Mom

This was an extra special Mother's Day for me as I was able to spend it with my own Mom as well as my brother Jason and his new wife. We typically don't have the opportunity to spend many of the less recognized holidays with family since we've always lived a great distance away. I'm able to see my brother Jason often(we go to lunch together every week) now that we live in Greenville and with my Mom now RVing full-time, she's able to travel to us.



On Sunday, we were all able to go out to dinner together at a nice restaurant and then came back to my house for Cheesecake Factory cheesecake...yum! I do need to mention a quick story about the day. My brother and wife enjoy drinking wine and so on their way back to my house, they decided to take a detour and stop for a bottle of wine. After they've bought the wine, they stop at a gas station to fill up. A little lightbulb goes off in Jason's head as he's standing silently pumping his gas and he walks over to the window of his SUV and says "What's the chance that Dawna will have a cork screw?"Ding, ding, ding. You are correct...I don't drink, hence I don't have a cork screw. To make a long story short, I am now the proud owner of a new cork screw, a gift from my brother. Jason said to not be surprised when I get wine glasses for Christmas so he has something to drink from when he comes over. I'm starting to feel like the wife that gets the new bowling ball with her husband's name engraved on it.



After chatting and spending some time together, my Mom and step-dad Lonnie went back to their trusty RV to feed their dogs and Dale and I were able to challenge Jason and my sister-in-law Libby to a game of Catch Phrase. If any of you know my brother, you can understand how competitive he is, especially when it comes to competing against his big sister. Let's just say it wasn't a good evening for Jason...hee hee hee. Dale and I smoked them bad...maybe next time Jason! LOL




2 comments:

Melissa said...

how fun to be together for mothers day. Your niece is so cute. I thought your mom lived in Utah?? Do they just travel around now?

Bradshaw said...

I am glad you had a great Mother's Day. It's fun to see a picture of your Mom, she looks amazing. And tell Jason hello, his little girl is so cute.

Susan