Friday, December 5, 2008

Queen for a Day


We celebrated our YW in Excellence last night and had a pagent theme. Ms. Faith, Ms. Divine Nature...you get the idea. It turned out really cute. The girls did their pagent wave at the end and to ham it up it little more, I wore a ball gown. Yeah...it didn't quite go over as well as I liked. I thought being so over the top would get some laughs...instead I got a lot of stares and "no comments"...oh well. I think overall the girls did fantastic and were able to showcase a lot of the projects they've been working on throughout the year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was also in charged of our YW in exellence last week. OMgosh, yours sounds much funner than ours. I really had no idea what I was doing. I am just glad it's all over. If I have to do it again next year, atleast now I can steal your idea and I now know what not to do. I am soo embaressed, I don't even want to think about it. This weekend our girls are having an over nighter at a cabin in the mountains, now that will be fun, (especially since I'm not in charged)!

Bradshaw said...

I love it Dawna, you are SO funny! I didn't know that you were a YW leader,what a great calling.

Susan

Michael said...

I'm in YW's too! I'd love to talk and switch out ideas with you. Looks like it was a very fun night for the girlies.