Saturday, November 1, 2008

Party in the Hood

Bobbing for Apples
Our 1st & 2nd place Chili Cook-Off Winners
Donut on a string...hilarious!
Tristan the pirate
Tons of good food...check out our ballot box...it was official!


Yes...I know it's a been a LONGGGGG time. I've been busy.
I'm the Activity Committe chair for my neighborhood HOA....aka "Sucker". (I'm the only one that'll do it.) Well, we don't have too many kids in our neighborhood (probably around 20 tops) but I still needed to throw a party that interested both adults and kids if I was hoping for any type of turn out. Hence we successfully threw our 1st annual Savannah chili cook-off/halloween kid party. I've included a few pictures from the event. We had about 60 people attend. Not too shabby considering we only have 49 houses in our entire neighborhood. I think everyone enjoyed themselves. We had some fun games for the kids. I did a "ghost hunt" (lollipops dressed up like ghosts hidden through the backyard), apple bob, donut on a string, and my best creation...the cupcake walk! We had about 9 chili contest entries and a mother/daughter team took 1st and 2nd place. The entire event was exhausting, but it's all worth it if everyone has a good time.

3 comments:

Michael said...

WoW! Well done Dawna! Everything looks festive and interesting. The food looks delightful and delicious. The chili cook-off is always a hoot and, and, and.

Bradshaw said...

I am so impressed, what a great event. You do know how to throw a party!

Susan

Unknown said...

The look on the face of that kid playing ‘Donut on a String’ is absolutely side-splitting! The event seemed like a blast. Fun activities can truly help an event be successful. Games are always a lot of fun, especially when everyone’s participating. Great job, Dawna! =)

- Rosalinda Hone